Assistant Scientific Officer required in Derry/Londonderry in Co Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
As a Assistant Scientific Officer you will be:
- Providing assistance to existing freshwater fisheries and environmental monitoring programmes including: electrofishing surveys of rivers, lake surveys, riparian invasive species surveys.
- Data entry for Geographical Information System (GIS) and other databases.
Transport and delivery of samples to external laboratories.
Keep and maintain proper records, notebooks and compile all necessary reports and submit these promptly to the relevant Higher Scientific Officer.
To apply for the position of Assistant Scientific Officer in Derry/Londonderry you will meet the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and one Science subject; and
- 6 Months work experience to include all of these areas
-Working in the freshwater environment
- Electrofishing surveys
- Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.
- A degree, or working towards a degree in Fishery Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Management or another related subject.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
In your new career as an Assistant Scientific Officer you will be working with a public sector client. The rate will be from £10 to £12.18 per hour with great holidays. This is a temporary 17 week assignment initially, with the ability to be extended.
To apply for the position of Assistant Scientific Officer, please forward your CV to Jack at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by 30/05/17.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Jack at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 7127 7788. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
Experience: No Minimum Requirement