With their Headquarters in Drogheda our client operates in the FMCG sector and is an industry leader in their field. They are now seeking applications for the post of Logistics and Materials Manager.
Sitting within the Supply Chain function, the successful Logistics & Materials Manager will be responsible for the inbound supplier process, material storage strategy, inventory management, production supply and global distribution to customers. You will develop the manufacturing storage strategy for raw materials and finished goods that supports the business’ ambitious growth plans.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure effective and disciplined planning and operations of the warehouses
- Identify and implement relevant administration processes that will lead to the increased efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement of the overall supply chain function.
- Develop agreements with preferred 3rd party warehouse partners with robust service level agreements and performance management methodology.
- Develop process to set up batch management of raw material and accurate rotation of stock.
- Support the production planning activities ensuring all materials are available at the right time for production
- Oversee inventory accuracy by developing routine cycle counting and FIFO processes
- Lead the warehouse functions to meet all compliance, safety and operational goals
- Develop the roll out of metrics to Logistics driving continuous improvements
- Oversee the annual stock takes globally with Finance, factory and the 3PLs
- Develop manufacturing storage strategy for raw material supply and finished goods which promotes operational efficiencies and minimises storage costs.
- Lead project workstreams that deliver interim technological improvements for warehouse
- Minimum 6/7 years’ experience in Logistics management role, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing organisation
- APICS qualification an advantage
- Excellent, interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business.
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, flexible and results focused environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and other related software packages
- Experience of ERP deployment an advantage
Salary is in the region of €60 – 65k + bonus + an attractive benefits package including pension.
This is a genuinely superb opportunity to join a business who have enjoyed sustained growth and profitability.
For further information or a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or call +44 2890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.