Our client based in Co Monaghan is a successful manufacturing company with a global customer base who has enjoyed a sustained period of growth. An opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Customs and Compliance Specialist to join their team.
You will be the go to person for all customs and compliance issues within the group and as such should be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience to the role.
- Work closely with customs brokers and freight forwarders and complete all associated documentation
- Support the alignment of Product Classification and Valuation of company products
- Be accustomed and engage fully with the use of special trade programmes
- Ensure all associated paperwork and declarations related to supplier declarations follow all necessary guidelines
- Ensure that all post entry amendments are completed and maintained accordingly
- Maintain budgets and report on any duty spend throughout the group
- Ensure that all submissions to revenue are on time and accurate
- Work with various internal teams to minimise duty payments
- Build and manage relationship with Irish/UK customs officials and pro-actively engage to streamline processes
- Manage TA process on a monthly basis and ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound reporting
- Be first point of contact for revenue audits
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline eg Business / Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong knowledge of classification of goods
- Excellent IT Skills, particularly Microsoft Excel with knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Customs qualification is desirable
Salary is dependent upon experience and will be discussed upon application.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.