MCS are proud to be working with a large construction firm during their search for a talented Data Analyst to join their team of analysts in County Monaghan. Exciting opportunity to make a huge impact with a very well established firm!
Our client is a leading construction firm who have over doubled their workforce in the past 12 months!
They have a massive team that spreads across multiple areas of expertise within the construction industry.
This family run company has a rich culture and positive outlook on the professional development of their employees.
This is a great opportunity to take control of this companies first venture into the world of Data. You will be given a tremendous amount of responsibility from day one, allowing you to take a creative approach to data analysis.
Your day to day will vary depending on each project you take on. You will be one of the first data analysts to join this team; working alongside Business Analysts, Software Developers, QA's, and IT management.
Joining a team of 6, you will be expected to hit the ground running through the implementation of techniques that you have gathered from previous commercial experience. No need to come from a construction background.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Conducting full life cycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design
- Develop analysis and reporting strategies
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements for future systems
- Performing data extraction using the latest technologies and analysis techniques: SQL, Business Objects, SPSS, SAS. Our client is very open to new technologies and techniques being implemented
- performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data at hand
- performing further analysis to determine the meaning of the data
- performing final analysis to provide additional data screening
- preparing reports based on analysis and presenting to management
You will very quickly become a very important player in this team. You will be expected to work closely with internal stakeholders to give your overview and insight into their current business stance.
Reporting findings will be very important. This sort of information will be incredibly important for our client to price new projects, workforce management and future planning.
The idea candidate will have at 2+ years experience in a similar role, however, junior candidate with 1+ year experience will also be taken into consideration.
You will have a strong work ethic with the desire to take on a fresh new challenge.
Keeping an open-mind is very important for a role like this, you will be expected to be open to change and expected to implement new ideas!
You will have have:
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques with strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc).
- Knowledge of statistics will be important, and experience using statistical packages for analysing data-sets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Package: Highly competitive package with a competitive salary. Salary open for negotiation depending on the experience of the candidate.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell , IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs