Chef de Partie, Job Ref. JO3169
Full time hours
Salary – DOE
Our client is a reputable Hotel located in East/South Donegal. They are currently seeking to recruit a Chef de Partie.
This hotel operates all year round and has a busy Wedding, Functions, café bar and restaurant trade.
The role of the Chef de Partie will be to work closely with the entire kitchen team to deliver a first-class food experience and to ensure the consistent delivery of quality and well-presented food to customers.
Work effectively within the Kitchen Team to ensure high customer service standards.
Follow all health & hygiene standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last-minute events.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine flair for food and have significant previous experience working within a 3*/4* Hotel.
- Qualification in professional Chef/Culinary skill desirable but not essential.
- Preference may be given to those with significant experience working multiple kitchens under one roof and in particular to those demonstrating experience for high volume weddings and functions.
- HAACP training and experience.
- It is also important to be able to work on your own initiative as well as be part of the team.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria.
PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict ‘best practice’ policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.