?Our client is a global food business based in Co Monaghan with a multi-million pound turnover. They are now recruiting a Senior Scientist to work as part of their innovative Research & Development Team, specifically in the area of Fermentation.
The successful Senior Scientist will drive forward sustainability research for the horticulture industries.
- Providing technical leadership in the development of scalable and cost-effective fermentation processes for microbial products
- Planning and conducting fermentation research and experiments to improve the yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
- Producing high quality materials through fermentation for formulation and field development
- Developing process SOPs and specifications for scale up and manufacture
- Collaborating with other scientists, and technicians in molecular/microbiology, field development and formulation.
- Management of key milestones for a number of research projects
- Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders, including company executives
- Relevant third level degree from one the following subject areas Biotechnology, Microbial Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Proven industry experience working with fermentation processes, media development, scale-up and analytical methods
- Project management experience
- Excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as being team focused.
- Solid attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency
- PhD in a biochemical or biotechnological area will be highly desirable.
Salary is competitive and will be discussed upon application.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call us on +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.