?Our client is one of Ireland's success stories operating in the FMCG sector. Thy are now recruiting an experienced Procurement Manager to join their site in Co Monaghan.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the successful Procurement Manager will lead the strategic sourcing activities with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while managing price risk and maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels.
The Procurement Manager will have accountability for spend across the group.
- Leads sourcing activities, overseeing all procurement related activities
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies while contributing to wider strategy formation and execution
- In conjunction with business leads, develop effective price risk management strategies
- Develop and utilise a system to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Monitor performances of vendors and their compliance
- Analyse market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability/price, and prepare market analysis reports
- Tracks performance within each spend category and defines budgetary impact
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Solve operational issues with vendors
- Provide assistance to acquisition strategies by completing due diligence and integration activities for spend
- Train other team members and colleagues as required in the procurement systems
- Create and maintain Supplier and Transport usage trackers which will monitor usage, costs and reduce waste.
- Min 5 years experience in Procurement/Supply Chain (or related) within the Manufacturing Industry
- Strong price risk management skills
- Ideally a Degree/Diploma with an IIPMM qualification combined with relevant commercial experience or can demonstrate such expertise gained via career working experience
- Certificate in Purchasing Management is advantageous
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport
- Flexibility to travel routinely to other company locations
Salary is competitive and will be in line with experience.
For further information or a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or call us on +44 2890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.