Based in Monaghan our growing food manufacturing client is currently seeking an experienced NPD Lead to join their team.
The successful NPD Lead will take full ownership of the New Product Development process with the aim of successfully scaling the current range of products, and driving the development of the next range of products.
- Perform market research on products, companies, technologies and ingredients
- Customer engagement on NPD concepts
- Develop a pipeline of future ideas and recipes, modify and improve existing recipes
- Material input into the design and layout of future generations of production facility upgrade
- Process development for production of recipes at large scale
- Ensure full compliance with safety and food hygiene standards and policies
- Conduct production test runs
- Verification of ingredient lists, nutritional information (software led) and shelf life
- Plan and run tasting panels
- Develop ingredient sourcing strategy
- Engage with suppliers to research and source ingredients and ensure effective management of same
- Develop efficient use of nutritional formulation software
- Assist in the performance of scientific analysis on ingredients and products
- Input into the development of recipe and process based cost models
- Grant funding project management.
- Relevant third level food related qualification with a minimum of 3 - 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality, flavour, formulation, nutrition and food labelling regulations
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Highly innovative and customer oriented
- High standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, people and influencing skills
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and will be discussed upon application.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced NPD professional to develop and grow with a forward thinking business.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact us on 02890 826044 or upload your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.