Our client is a leading manufacturer in the FMCG sector who are seeking to appoint an experienced Health & Safety Manager at their site in Drogheda.
The successful Health & Safety Manager will support the site management team in maintaining and developing safety and management systems, and will deal directly with individuals at all levels on health & safety and matters. The role is also pivotal in the implementation of COVID 19 safety measures.
- Ongoing development and implementation of improved Health and Safety agenda, practices, policies, and procedures
- Monitor existing and incoming legislation and regulations on health and safety in order to ensure that the company is compliant
- Responsible for engaging members of staff in periodic training to update them on their roles in the maintenance of minimum standards of safety.
- Apply and influence the effective operation of the Health and Safety agenda, practices, and policies in conjunction with business needs
- Create a project register for Health & Safety improvements and investments with an annual plan
- Identify CAPEX investment requirements to ensure compliance and enhance safety
- Implement regular internal auditing program and processes, measuring performance and action planning from outputs
- Provide and/or present a monthly Health & Safety report to site management, identifying areas of risk, concern, and recommendations for implementations on site, including cost analysis and/or implications
- Review Risk Assessments on regular basis and providing guidance and feedback
- Undertake regular unscheduled safety audits to ensure compliance to industry and/or legislative obligations and company policies/procedures
- Review contractor management processes and audit for compliance with the project managers
- Assist with development and tracking of near miss reporting and accident investigation process
- Level 8 qualification supported by H&S specific education and training
- Proven capability around H&S related legislation and practise in Ireland and the UK.
- 5 years’ experience in a FMCG manufacturing site
- Strong record of influencing safety cultures with staff at all levels
- Experience of developing Safety Management systems
Salary is in the region of €50 - 60k + bonus + benefits.
This is a genuinely superb opportunity to join a business who have enjoyed sustained growth and profitability.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.