Energis is currently recruiting an Automation Engineer for our busy manufacturing client based in Co Louth.
The successful applicant will play a key role in project management teams for major capital projects ensuring standards for automation technology are met. Responsible for helping keep the projects on-time and on-budget, you will direct validation efforts for automation, and provide leadership during these executions with both site employees and contractors.
The Automation Engineer will develop, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial control systems across the manufacturing operation.
- Provide ongoing operational support and maintenance of the sites control systems and reporting systems
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to automation systems and applications,
- Own and Perform technical and validation tasks on distributed Automation systems
- Participate and act as automation expert (SME) in cross functional teams in support of large capital projects.
- Investigation of manufacturing deviations and anomalies related to automation and software and manage projects related to corrective action or equipment performance improvement including Site Change Control.
- Program PLC and HMI applications for automated process equipment
- Ensure projects are designed safely, on time and within budget, working closely with the Operations teams
- Maintenance of key performance indicators to monitor and improve the effectiveness of the process & automation design process
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, system test plans, on-the-job-trainings
- Understanding of control systems including batch execution systems
- Superb analytical and troubleshooting skills with a methodical approach to solving difficult problems
- Experience working on Automation integration projects including Engineering, Factory Acceptance Test and Commissioning
- Validation documentation lifecycle (cGMP and GAMP)
- Practical experience of working in teams delivering projects and support
- Ability to work with vendors and contractors during project conception and implementation stages
This is an ideal role for someone seeking a long term career-building opportunity.
Salary is in the region of €50-55k depending on experience.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call us on +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.