Grafton specialist are extremely excited to be assisting our client in the recruitment for a number of roles as they enter into the Irish market.
These are fantastic opportunities that do not come around often!
Main purpose and objectives:
The Technical Manager will control the design function within agreed budgets from estimation through all phases of its execution.
Main duties and tasks:
- Provide design solutions and concepts in a timely manner to support the estimation team in the award of new contracts.
- Provide and up-keep an in-depth technical knowledge of current design solutions, materials, manufacturing and install best practice allowing us to have a competitive advantage over other facade suppliers.
- Match design solutions to project specifications and budgets.
- Carry out effective Value Engineering with other members of the team to provide cost savings for the client and Co.
- Effectively represent and provide market leading technical solutions to our clients.
- Manage day to day design issues supporting the design team, third-party design contractors and/or other departments to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage design costs to stay within agreed company budgets.
- Create and manage project programs from concept through to install.
- Work with the relevant members of the management team to ensure we have an industry leading Value Stream that delivers design information to all departments on or before required dates to ensure materials procurement and manufacturing plans can be delivered to program.
- Manage design capacity so that it never impacts on company outputs or costs in a negative manner.
- Create and maintain effective department KPI's that will meet the companies Goals and Objectives.
- Provide ongoing tutoring and mentoring to other team members to ensure design intent is understood and executed correctly.
- Promote a design for manufacture, install and quality approach in your team that will ensure best quality whilst keeping manufacture and install costs to a minimum hence maximising company profits.
- Understand current company systems and constraints and provide efficient design solutions that won't impact negatively on outputs or quality. Assist transition to an ideal state.
- As part of the management team help plan future company strategy.
- Through your department support a company wide continuous improvement philosophy.
- Support and adhere to company Health and Safety policies and practices.
Min essential skills and qualifications:
- Relevant third level qualification and or 10 years industry experience in a senior design role.
- Be able to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge and practice fundamentals with the ability to adapt them into both projects and the organisation.
- Project Management experience of large complex and industry related projects.
- Ability to identify key issues & provide solutions in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Team player with the ability to influence and lead others.
Salary £65000 / €70000 ( Due to the nature of this position the salary on offer is highly negotiable for the correct candidate)
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.
Experience: 0 yrs