Spa Manager, Job Ref. JO3047
South West Donegal
Full time hours
We have a fantastic opportunity with one of Ireland’s finest award winning properties who are recognised throughout Europe and symbolise excellence in their field.
We are now receiving applications from suitably experienced and qualified individuals for the post of Spa Manager.
The role of the Spa Manager will ensure that all spa associates thoroughly understand and translate into action, the “Spa Philosophy”. The Spa Manager is responsible for the quality of the guest experience, retail and service sales, general Spa operations and the supervision and development of the spa staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the overall functioning of the Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Providing clients with instructional guidance while assuring that all safety precautions are followed.
- Keeping all Spa and Fitness employees informed of daily activities and changes.
- Assigning and adjusting work schedules to meet customer demand.
- Payroll and gratuity distribution for the Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Development of annual budget and implementing a management strategy to remain within that budget.
- Following management's guidelines in the overall functioning of the Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Ordering and keeping inventory of all Spa and Fitness Centre items.
- Personnel procedures, including involvement in the following: interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, terminating, handling transfers, employee performance reviews, promotions, increases and demotions within the department, verifying that personnel are appropriately qualified for their roles.
- Ensuring the service standards of the establishment is maintained through the staff.
- Attending weekly Leaders meetings and disseminating the information to the staff.
- Overseeing staffing, maintenance, housekeeping, planning, programming and safety considerations. Staff training and development is also included in addition to all facets related to client use of the Spa and Fitness Centre in any manner.
- Promoting, planning and implementing the Spa. This includes direct contact with sales and coordinators and development of proposals sufficient for the select client's needs, as they relate to Spa.
- Meeting with staff on a regular basis to communicate administrative needs and goals while providing employees with the opportunity to share ideas and to exchange feedback.
- Communicating with other departments to insure a coordinated effort of client service, thereby maximizing interdepartmental efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Adhering to the policies of the company as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintaining the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Ensure comprehensive and working knowledge of the Department’s Profit & Loss statement.
- Comply with and implement all Performance Excellence Initiatives as identified in Performance Excellence Plan.
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge of Departmental Customer Satisfaction Survey scores and communicate all scores to employees in the department.
- Be proactive in identifying and implementing initiatives to improve customer satisfaction scores.
- Ensure employees working hours, breaks and rest periods comply with the guidelines of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997.
- Any other tasks, verbal or written, that is assigned by Management.
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Massage and/or Complimentary Therapy.
- 5 years’ experience directly related to spa/fitness related services.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Experienced in program design, implementation and evaluation as related to specific program components.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to cooperate with other departments to foster & promote a harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Must have experience as a team leader or the willingness to learn how a true high-performance team works.
- Must have supervisory skills and training ability.
- Must have ability to work under pressure.
- Must have previous budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Must have the ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See job description
See job description