Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job ref.: JO3175
Salary: Negotiable (Commensurate with Experience)
Permanent, Full time hours
Our client is a respected and successful market leading and well-established Construction Company with a reputation for delivering projects on time and to the highest possible standard. They have a very impressive portfolio of projects within the Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Educational, Pharmaceutical, Retail, & Leisure sectors. They have grown year on year and have a core ethos based on staff development, Innovation and client satisfaction. Due to continued growth and an increasing project portfolio, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Quantity Surveyor – Site Based.
Site Based Project Quantity Surveyor:
- Site based Project QS with overall responsibility for the cost management of a multi-million project.
- Liaise closely with the Site Manager on a day to day basis to ensure all cost issues relating to the project are managed successfully, including monitoring contract costs against actual costs.
- Review, monitor and update the Construction Programme in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure all orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and issue tender enquiry packages to Sub-contractors & Suppliers including subsequent analysis and evaluation of quotations received.
- Chairing negotiation meetings with Sub-contractors, agreeing terms and placing orders for the various work packages.
- Assessment and agreement of Sub-contract valuations, variations & final accounts.
- Attend and participate at Site Progress meetings chaired by Design Team.
- Chairing of Technical meetings attended by Design Team, Sub-contractors and Suppliers.
- Evaluation, submission and agreement of monthly Valuations.
- Management of Change Orders and Final Account.
- On-site re-measurements, etc.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Preferably 3+ years Quantity Surveying experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria.
PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict ‘best practice’ policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See job description.
See job description.