Mechanical Pipework Fabrications Limited has been trading since 1995 focusing on mechanical pipework fabrications, mainly for sprinkler systems. The company currently has 14 employees. The company also build turn-key pump houses to service the sprinkler systems and is involved in delivering contracts across the UK and Ireland.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 14 months
Mechanical Pipework Fabrications would like to establish and embed 3D CAD design and structured new product development systems within the company to enable them to take advantage of market opportunities that are arising for sprinkler systems in the UK and further afield.
To realize this goal the company needs to establish 3D CAD design and design for manufacture including stress analysis. This will increase the company’s export potential by giving the company the ability to design new products.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Mechanical Pipework Fabrications Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess
1. Min 2.2 (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering.
2. Experience of 3D CAD design.
3.Legally permitted to work in the EU.
1. Postgraduate qualification in an engineering related subject.
2. Practical experience of working in the construction / engineering sector would be a distinct advantage.
3.Good understanding of mechanical processes and automation
4.Understanding of pneumatic system design
5.Experience of PLC systems and design thereof
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps please click on the APPLY BUTTON.