A position has arisen at Ulster Supported Employment and Learning, the largest supporter of people with disabilities into open employment within Northern Ireland.
With the rapid growth of our business we are looking to recruit Café Assistants at our Ability Café in Ballymena, Tower Centre.
Location: Ballymena, Tower Centre
Responsible To: Skills Coach
Objective: To deliver excellent customer service to customers in our cafe ensuring a clean, safe working environment.
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Deliver a high standard of Food Safety
- Being aware of Health and Safety procedures
- Basic preparation of food, making sandwiches etc
- Processing payments
- Ensuring the needs and expectations of customers are met
- Receiving and processing deliveries
- Serving hot and cold drinks to required standard
- Being aware of and adhering to all Usel’s Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring a high standard of Health & Safety is maintained at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Customer service experience
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A positive “can do” attitude that is solution focused
- Food Safety Level 2
- Experience working in a café
- Experience working with people that have a disability
Terms and Conditions
- Holidays: 27 days Annual Leave and 10 days Statutory Leave (Pro Rota depending on hours worked)
- Hours of Work: Monday-Saturday (final hours to be agreed with postholder). Part time and full time positions will be accepted.
- Pension: Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (after a qualifying period)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free and confidential Employee Support through Inspire Workplaces
- NICSSA provides access to discounted health and wellbeing initiatives such as gym memberships
- Benenden provides employees with the option to health insurance for both them and their families
- Access to Financial Well-Being via a social enterprise partner
- Employers for Childcare voucher scheme
- National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage, dependant on age
To apply for this post please visit our website by CLICKING APPLY.
The closing date for this position is Midnight on Thursday 17th October