Entrepreneurial Networks Manager
HNH Human Capital is delighted to be exclusively retained by Queens University Belfast to appoint an Entrepreneurial Networking Manager for their subsidiary company QUBIS ltd. As the pioneers of spin outs across the UK and Ireland QUBIS is recognised for its ability to recognise investment opportunities in the international commercialisation of intellectual property. They work in partnership with an established network of business angels, professional advisors, venture funders and corporate investors in order to commercialise research. Many QUBIS portfolio companies have been acquired by larger industry players who have been attracted by the local grown technology and skills.
Due to growth they now require additional headcount within their team and have created this exciting position to realise their strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Spinouts, this newly created post will assist QUBIS and the Commercialisation team achieve their strategic goals by actively building and managing a network of entrepreneurs, angel investors, deal makers, Non-Executive Directors and venture investors.
The role will involve:
- Managing key relationships with spin-out companies and organisations in the private sector as ‘clients’.
- Liaison with entrepreneurs, investors and partners to develop a pipeline of spin-out opportunities.
- Planning, developing and managing the strategic direction of research commercialisation in line with the University’s Vision, Research and Enterprise’s objectives and key tasks, and the QUBIS Business Plan.
- Contribute to the strategic priorities of the University, particularly in relation to the expansion and diversification of its income base through increased commercialisation of its IP and commercially relevant capabilities, and to the achievement of our Enterprise objectives and key results.
- Lead on the development of an Entrepreneur Community (both on and off line), and to lead on entrepreneurial team initiatives (including the identification of CEO, NEDs, Chair, investors for companies, and also ‘deal makers’ for licence opportunities).
- A natural flare for developing relationships and networking
- Honours degree or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience within industry.
- Experience of successfully developing and managing networks, partnerships and alliances.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting to a diverse audience.
This role may be suitable for someone coming from a role in investments, banking, recruitment, corporate finance, or similar.
Our client is offering a competitive salary plus fantastic benefits.