Exciting Public Appointment Opportunity Within Further Education Sector Chair of Governing Body at Northern Regional College with Remuneration of £20,000 Per Annum
- Make a difference to the education and skills sector in Northern Ireland
- Get involved with a sector that provides the skills and opportunities necessary to build a modern economy
- Help tackle social deprivation and contribute to a stronger, more inclusive society
- Help improve the lives of young people through the provision of world class professional and technical skills
- Support the most disadvantaged in communities across NI by ensuring access to learning opportunities that lead to sustainable career pathways
- Be at the heart of a sector that will be pivotal to economic recovery post Covid-19
Northern Ireland’s Further Education Colleges play a dual role in delivering professional and technical education and supporting social inclusion for those furthest from the world of work. This helps grow our economy for the benefit of everyone in society. As Chair of NRC, you will play a key part in meeting these objectives, championing first-class educational provision and supporting the skills needs of employers, helping them to develop, grow and innovate.
If you want to make a difference and be part of NRC’s mission to support recovery and growth in Northern Ireland, please consider applying.
- The appointment is effective from 1 July 2021 and the initial term is for a period of four years.
- If successful, you can expect to commit around one day a week to college business.
- You will receive remuneration of £20,000 per annum along with expenses in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service terms and conditions.
- Public appointments give individuals from different backgrounds with differing skills and experience the chance to make decisions that can improve all our lives here in Northern Ireland.
- Public appointments are a great opportunity to give something back to the community, whilst developing your own skills and making lifelong connections and contacts.
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates with strategy, leadership, finance and governance experience who also have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Throughout the competition you will be required to meet six essential criteria.
Full details can be found in the candidate information booklet. You can download the application form and information pack from our website by clicking APPLY FOR THIS JOB
For more information or to request an information pack and application form please contact DfE Public Appointments Unit:
Telephone 028 9052 9461 or
Further information on the Northern Regional College is available on its website: http://www.nrc.ac.uk/
This material can also be made available, on request, in other formats such as braille, large print, audio, etc. All reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate the needs of applicants/candidates with a disability
The closing date for applications is 12.00 Noon on 4 February 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted.
DfE would particularly welcome applications from people with a disability, those from ethnic minorities and young people as they are all currently under-represented. Female Chairs are currently under-represented across all Bodies sponsored by DfE and applications from females would also be particularly welcome.
A Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS), for applicants with a disability, will operate for this competition.
Equality of Opportunity:
DfE is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit. Independent assessment, openness and transparency are integral parts of the process. DfE is also committed to equality of opportunity for all individuals and applications are welcome regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependants.