BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
Quality Control Inspector
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive wage to match your level of experience
Job title: Quality Control Inspector
Responsible to: Quality Manager
This post includes inspecting components for defects or deviations from specification, documenting findings and troubleshooting where necessary. The successful candidate will have a creative, innovative approach to his or her work and be able to offer frank observations and recommendations. We’re looking for a highly organised, methodical person with the experience necessary to seamlessly transition into this role.
The postholder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Read and interpret drawings and understand specifications.
- Inspect, test and measure components or parts being produced to ensure consistency and conformity to specifications.
- Re-working holes and threads.
- Maintain, test and troubleshoot all instrumentation devices.
- Assembly of products, following assembly drawings/ work instructions.
- Report problems or concerns to management immediately.
- Remove all parts and materials that fail to meet specifications.
- Create and use an effective, efficient testing protocol to be used across all areas.
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards.
- Concise and accurate record keeping including ensuring the integrity of the technical database.
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards/legislation and contribute to improvements.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement activities.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Management.
- 2 years practical work experience in a similar environment.
- Have a high standard of PC literacy – Use of Microsoft office especially Excel and Word.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Be able to use measuring equipment such as Vernier’s, micrometres and pin gauges.
- Be able to use drills, taps and reamers.
- Be able to deburr machined components where necessary without damaging existing features.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated atmosphere and own initiative.
- Have good experience of CNC machining, programming, milling, turning, surface & cylindrical grinding.
- Previous experience of CAD or MasterCam.
- Previous experience with CMM programming/operation.
For further information, including an Application Form, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Closing date: Tuesday 5th November 2019 at 4pm