BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following roles to join the established team due to continued growth:
We have the following vacancy for immediate start:
CNC Programmer - 3 and 5 axis
Hours per week 39
Permanent post – flexibility required
Rate of pay: £30k per annum (negotiable)
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive hourly rate / salary to match your level of experience and the opportunity of professional development.
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Create programmes from technical specifications or other sources.
- Ensure programs & relevant set up sheets are easily interpreted by setters.
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches and technical data to determine tooling, sequences and procedures.
- Setup and operate CNC Milling and Turning machines.
- Determine machine control settings to regulate positioning, speeds, feeds etc.
- Select and install tools.
- Monitor operation and machine displays to detect malfunctions.
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications.
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards
- Concise and accurate record keeping including ensuring the integrity of the technical database
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement activities
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production Manager
- Extensive experience in programming 3 & 5 axis CNC machines
- 3-5 years’ experience in programming
- Have a high standard of PC literacy - use of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and on own initiative.
- At least HNC/HND or similar qualification in a mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline
- Previous experience of Mastercam/Hypermill/Delcam
- Have a working knowledge of Heidenhain controls.
You will be joining the established team where you will develop programmes for a diverse range of components and parts. Programmes will be written from technical drawings. You will liaise closely with production, quality and other departments to ensure quality parts are produced and to meet challenging and tight deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in programming from solid models on Mastercam, Hypermill or Delcam etc. You will need to be strong at reading technical drawings and flexible to assist company needs as required. Previous experience working in aerospace would be advantageous but not essential. A strong work ethic and a willingness to learn is essential.
What you'll get in return
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive hourly rate to match your level of experience with attractive overtime rates and the opportunity of professional development.
Please forward an up to date C.V. via clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.
Closing date Friday 8th February 2019 at 12 noon