Hays Engineering are delighted to be working with our longstanding client, a manufacturing firm with global reach in fluid control systems. The company is part of a larger group of companies and they export specialist product throughout Europe.
Your new role
Due to a strategic appointment in the business, the role of Engineering Design Manager has become vacant. The primary responsibility of the postholder is to manage the Design, new product development and new product integration of the full range of products, with ultimate sign off on prototype. You'll manage a team of 8 engineers and up to 12 personal in a support function, and co-ordinate staff in other offices globally in order to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Lead a team of engineers in a hands on and practical manner.
- Manage projects and NPI within agreed timescales
- Manage support staff in the creation of Bill of materials, and other design documentation to achieve maximum efficiency
- Work closure with the sales team toe ensure are requirements are met in time and quality matrixes
- Advising customers on the capabilities of the business to supply outside the standard portfolio.
- Manage customer enquiries, costing information, and estimates necessary in order to complete the project.
- Implementation of continuous improvement and development of systems Ensure ongoing compliance with ISO 9000
- Have accountability for staff performance reviews
- Introduce DFM and DTUPC
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for a degree qualified engineer with a strong background in design, and proven capability in the management of a team of 8 or more staff in the machine shop or light metal manufacturing environment. In addition, experience working with CE marking is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
The business globally operates across a range of disciplines including aerospace, utilities, chemicals, energy and pharmaceutical. The Belfast plant is a strategic site in the global portfolio as a producer of one of the main engineered products in the company portfolio, and a turnover of £20 m. You'll be a vital part of a well-established and well known business, with a strong history in Belfast. Overseas training opportunities are available, as well as regular reviews, and a strong salary offering.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs