Job: Trading Analyst
Salary: Up to £37,500 depending on experience
Our client is a leading independent company with a huge presence in an all-Ireland market. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a successful organisation.
Our client have an excellent job opportunity for a Trading Analyst for their front of office in Belfast. This position will mainly focus on the companies trading along with operational activities within front office. You will also be expected to identify and trade arbitrage opportunities in their market.
· Generating and submitting commercial offers for the company’s assets and markets
· Identify and trading short term arbitrage opportunities in the GB and SEM markets
· Procuring and scheduling gas for thermal generation assets and retail gas business
· Trading in line with the company’s retail hedging policies
· Conducting analysis to identify trading opportunities and facilitate optimal trading outcomes
· Analysing and reporting wholesale energy market prices and trends
· Educated to a 2:1 Degree classification from a numerical / Financial discipline such as Economics, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Business Finance
· Also would consider a 2:2 but must have 5-6 years relevant experience
· Knowledge of Trading and Settlements and the Energy market is an advantage
· Proficient use of Excel
· Strong problem solving skills with attention to detail
· Ability to plan, organise and complete numerous projects to tight deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills and team player
For more information please contact Stephen Turkington on 02890 325 325 or apply via the link
We reserve the right to heighten shortlisting criteria dependent upon the calibre of response. Only candidates who can demonstrate on their CV that they can meet the above criteria will be contacted.