Vacancy Reference - 13148
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Ferry Purser x2 to base in Down. This is a full time role, Normally 07.00 - 15.00 or 15.00 - 23.00 but may vary minimum 32 hours in 6 days 4 days in every 6 (normally 2 late shifts followed by 2 early shifts followed by 2 days off). Will involve regular weekend work and attendance on public holidays and expected to last 4 months initially. The following duties will be required -
* Carry out ticket sales and cash handling procedures in strict accordance with the procedures issued by Ferry Management;
* Complete all paperwork in a clear and concise manner as required by management;
* Be responsible for their ticket machine and use and maintain batteries in accordance with instructions;
* Report machine faults to the Ferry Manager or Clerk at the earliest opportunity; and
* Retain and be familiar with all safety instructions issued from time to time by management and put these into practice as the situation demands
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* As all crew members are required to participate fully in safety drills experience of working in the marine or fishing industries is desirable
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £26.00
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.