MCS Group are delighted to be working with Metaswitch Networks as they build out a world class support and engineering team in Belfast. We are looking for a Support Managers and Technical Leads get in at the ground floor and set the culture for what is to be one of the most exciting investments in Northern Ireland this year.
Founded in 1981, the company have developed into one of the most successful companies in the Network protocol software world. Today, Metaswitch has over 750 employees across five continents. Its headquarters remain in London (UK), it boasts over 1,000 network operator and manufacturing customers as well as Toer 1 providers.
Their success stems from a unique combination of deep experience in software engineering, with superbly agile development capabilities; an extremely highly-regarded support team.
It is this world class and award winning support and engineering function that they want to grow in Belfast. The company has an outstanding reputation for developing raw talent and high end graduates, the recruitment model is simple, keep their people and develop them. The current COO and SVP if support started as graduates.
- Managing or helping lead a team of Support Engineers, responsible for delivering
- customer satisfaction by ensuring that our customers receive a high-quality, timely service, and
- an efficient, productive and motivated team.
- This involves
- taking ownership of all aspects of the team and its success, including full personnel responsibility for the team members
- providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team
- managing multi-phase, multi-product projects against committed timelines and handling team resource
- handling any escalations from engineers & customers, ensuring the team has a plan to contain and resolve the issue
- driving ongoing personal development, coaching and motivation for engineers
- increasing team productivity by ensuring the team has the support, tools, training and systems necessary to deliver excellent service efficiently.
- The prospective candidates should have and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong technical leadership skills, including in high pressure situations
- Strong raw smarts, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including in customer-facing situations
- Strong interpersonal and people development skills
- A good understanding of the telecoms industry
- Lots of energy and drive.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Sean Devlin, Head of IT Recruitment at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs