Service Desk Engineer
Duration: 6 months+
Our Client, a leading telecommunications services company is seeking to recruit this contract role for their Belfast team.
The team is primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the proactive monitoring and customer-management platforms that underpin their Managed Services operations including monitoring, ticketing, automated discovery and remote access. The team works very closely with the ITIL process owners.
This role will be heavily involved in onboarding new customers onto these platforms, processing SMACS (Small Adds, Moves & Changes) for current customers. The role will involve triaging of incidents, changes and service requests and will include both complex and simple tasks, including recurring maintenance tasks. The successful candidate will be encouraged to take ownership of incidents and form a key part of the Managed Services End to End process.
The applicant will need a strong technology background covering as wide as possible range of technology from servers, routers, applications IP telephony any many others. A good understanding of proactive monitoring technologies used to monitor remote customer environments using agents, and agentless monitoring technologies over PING, SNMP, WMI.
Along with a strong technology background in management of IT Systems and Network infrastructures, the candidate will also require great customer facing skills. The job is highly focused on working as part of a team to meet the customer needs and SLA requirements.
- Ownership of simple and complex support issues at both level 1 and level 2.
- Ownership of customer onboarding tasks to ensure a seamless delivery of new customers
- Ownership of Incidents to meet contractual SLA's
- Ownership of changes and strict adherence to the Change process
- Ownership of operations tasks and system maintenance activities
- Liaison with customers and affected users and the wider teams
- Undertake detailed analysis of data
- Develop, propose and execute plans for incident resolution
- Manage conflicting priorities whilst protecting Customer SLAs
- Escalate incidents to 3rd parties where appropriate and mange such incidents through to resolution
- Develop and Execute release plans
- Develop and execute change plans
- Execute run book activities for Internal and customer infrastructures
- Be willing to be flexible to ensure the team can cover the hours of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Essential criteria for the role:
- Monitoring toolset proficiency (preferably Solarwinds product suite).
- Network & System Management & Monitoring experience.
- Experience of configuring & maintaining IT infrastructure such as network kit, servers and applications.
- Working knowledge of protocols such as SNMP, WMI, SYSLOG, TRAP & DNS.
- Experience of working within a large enterprise environment (microsoft, citrix).
- Experience working in a Managed Services or ITIL focused IT support environment
Desirable criteria for the role:
- MS SQL Server DB administration
- Splunk Enterprise administration
- Scripting experience in Python, c#, ASP.net
- Experience of BMC Remedy as a user
- Experience of BMC Remedy as a super user (adding users, roles etc)
Please note, security clearance will be required for the role.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link
Experience: 0 yrs