Role: Seasonal Leisure Attendants (Wet)
Type: Full Time, Temp (7th April –3rd Sept 2017)
Location: Castle Park, Newcastle.
To form part of a trained team of frontline staff who will provide attendant support to the public and staff to ensure a safe and user friendly environment. To deliver a high-quality service in a professional manner in accordance with Leisure Services policies and procedures, including a nationally accredited quality scheme.
· Have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post.
· Be flexible to work a range of hours which may include evenings, weekends, public holidays and early mornings. Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment e.g. public building, office complex
· Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters and includes spinal board assessment
· 4 GCSE passes Grades A - C (or equivalent) AND 6 months’ relevant experience working in a customer facing role.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To act as lifeguard, ensuring the safety of all pool users in accordance with agreed Codes of Practice.
· To check environmental conditions throughout the building with particular emphasis on pool areas and initiate response maintenance as required.
· To carry out swimming instruction as required (to be paid at appropriate rate).
· To deliver a high-quality customer service in line with the agreed Customer Charter.
· To administer first aid in compliance with accident procedures. To record and report accidents, and take preventative action when required.
· To maintain an up to date awareness of matters relating to leisure facilities.
· To undertake attendant duties, including the erection and dismantling of equipment, and the safe storage and maintenance of same.
· To carry out cleaning duties to ensure agreed high standards of hygiene and housekeeping are maintained.
· To ensure the safe use and storage of all cleaning machinery and chemicals as per COSHH Regulations.
· To cover in the absence of designated key holders when required.
· To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to at all times including induction and training of new staff /work placements as required.
· To contribute to Departmental working groups as required.
· To assist with the implementation of the Council’s Emergency Plan when required.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send through your CV at the earliest.