8.30-5.30 (Mon-Thurs), 8.30-5.00 (Fri)
Our client established in Draperstown, Co. Derry since 1956 is one of the longest established private trading groups in Northern Ireland and has developed a strong reputation as one of the leading land, property, construction and manufacturing specialists. They offer a comprehensive range of design, construction and property services to a broad client base across all market sectors. They have achieved high recognition for their work within the UK and Irish Construction Industries as being among the best in design and construction. This success has been built on the firm foundation of a strong family ethos, partnering, integrity, quality, value for money and an unrivalled commitment to providing client satisfaction.
They currently have an opening for an Estimator who will assist with compiling cost estimates. The job will involve assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
· To calculate material, labour and equipment requirements
· To prepare correspondence to various parties for purposes of obtaining estimates
· To issue correspondence to various parties for purposes of obtaining estimates
· To follow up on correspondence issued to various parties for purposes of obtaining estimates
· To review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and correct
· To assist resolving cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
· To assist preparing estimates based on costs received
· To plan and organise work efficiently to meet project deadlines
· To ensure all information is properly recorded on the relevant electronic file systems
· To update information as required on the electronic file systems
· To ensure appropriate copy information is obtained and issued to relevant parties
· To work in accordance with company IMS standards
· To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training
· To undertake other administrative tasks as and when required.
· Good educational attainment including min GCSE/equivalent Mathematics & English
· Min HND qualification in construction related discipline
· At least 2-3 years’ employment in Estimating capacity
· Excellent IT skills and working experience on a range of IT packages
· Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
· Good decision making and problem solving skills
· Strong commercial acumen
· Experience gained within Construction/ Civils/ Building Products industry
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title. (Noted above)
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Experience: See description: