Vacancy Reference: 19202
We are currently recruiting for a Waste Management Driver x 2 for the Antrim area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Thursday consisting of 37 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £10.14. This vacancy is expected to last for 8 weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that each day’s task, rota and workload is completed on the appropriate day and the week’s tasks are completed within the normal working week, with the exception of unforeseen circumstances (e.g. breakdowns etc) to the quality standards set by the Council
- Responsible for the inspection of waste resource management containers to ensure they comply with Council Policy, completing rejection/damage reports for management action
- Apply traffic management knowledge and skills in compliance with Road Traffic Regulations (NI) Order 1997 as amended and all other relevant legislation
- Responsible for daily cleaning of vehicles and mechanical sweeper hoppers and grills etc
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance checks as specified including cleaning and operation of any fitted power mechanism
- Hold a Valid C+E licence
- Hold a full CPC Licence/Drivers Qualification Card
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating with a category C licence
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a waste management environment
- Minimum of two years’ experience of driving refuse collection vehicles
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating HGV Mechanical Sweepers
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate (to use TMS for holidays/GPS)
Please note that you will be required to do a Driver Assessment in order to fulfil the roles of this post
- Working knowledge of health and safety procedures including manual handling and use of reversing assistants
- Knowledge of waste collection and disposal and recycling issues
- Traffic management
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.