c.£12 - £14k DOE
(ACCA training contract opportunity)
On behalf of our client, a global Financial Services organisation based in Belfast City Centre, we are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their successful and expanding team.
This role benefits from the opportunity of being awarded an ACCA accounting training contract following a probationary period.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver quality information to agreed timeframes
- Assist in the preparation of accounts and quarter end files
- Prepare whole sets of accounts and quarter end files
- Assist in the preparation of drawdown and distribution notices
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for review
- Prepare client KPIs for review
- Initiate payments and amendments
- Identifying and posting entries on client bank accounts
- Perform daily bank reconciliations on all client bank accounts
- Prepare monthly invoices in accordance with fee agreements
- Ensure relevant procedures and checklists are adhered to
- Assist in the preparation of error reports
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Strong academic track record, preferably A Levels in numerical subjects and an Accounting related degree
- Comfortable with basic Accounting principles and have a good understanding of same
- Previous experience working in a relevant Corporate Office environment
- Good Word and Excel skills
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable communicating with individuals in a professional manner
- Strong ownership of tasks
- Can do attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Strong team ethic
If you are seeking a new challenging role in a professional corporate environment and you are seeking a position that will offer you real development potential and a career path (and you can meet the criteria above), please get in touch.
Please forward your CV ASAP to Paul Coulter by clicking on the APPLY BUTTON or Tel on 078 0384 3023 to discuss further.
Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual ASAP, so please register your interest early. Please note, the opening may close in advance of advertised closing date – this is a guideline only.