Honeycomb is assisting our client, an established and well known charity, with the recruitment of a General Manager to look after the operations of their Recreational and Accommodation facility based in Newcastle, County Down. We would welcome applications from those candidates from a Hotel or Property Management background.
An established and well known charity with several locations throughout Northern Ireland. The role of General Manager will oversee one of their Recreational and Accommodation facilities based in Newcastle, County Down. This is a unique opportunity to further develop your career within a caring and nurturing environment within the Hospitality Sector.
The role of General Manager will be to provide leadership, direction and management to staff as well as look after the day to day operations of an accommodation and recreational facility. The successful candidate will ensure the ongoing growth and effective service delivery of the facility within agreed KPI's and highest standard of Customer Service to all guests and stakeholders.
Key objectives will be to:
- To operate the Recreational and Accommodation facility in line with strategic objectives. Developing, delivering and revising a strategic plan with clear objectives, aligned to the charity's purpose.
- To market and develop the facility and maximise occupancy and usage within the ethos of the charity.
- To ensure the operational day to day delivery of the centre including developing and delivering an annual operational plan and budget aligned to strategic objectives to ensure efficient operational service delivery.
- To nurture build and develop strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including youth, community and development organisations.
- At least 3 years experience running a similar setting i.e. within a residential, or holiday centre which provides short breaks to a variety of guests or alternatively experience in a similar type role at a senior level, gained in the hospitality sector.
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a business, customer service or hospitality related subject.
- At least 2 years experience of leading and managing a team of staff at all levels, including staff planning / rota management.
- Excellent numerical skills with experience of managing financial budgets and ability to produce accurate and succinct management reports within expected timeframes.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring strategy.
- Proven track record of managing teams and team development.
- Awareness of compliance, health & safety and risk management procedures.
- A valid clean driving license and access to a car.
The role comes with a highly attractive salary and benefits package to include a salary of £30 - £35K, 5% pension contribution and excellent holiday entitlement.
For further information and to apply, contact Louise Quinn on 02896 207050 or apply via the attached link.
Experience: 0 yrs