Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require an Administration Officer based in Limavady
Department : Leisure and Development
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £8.08p/hr 13 weeks + £10.71p/hr
Main Duties :
- Responsible for servicing all requirements of the Head of Prosperity & Place - managing diary/appointments, preparation/planning for meetings, minute-taking, dealing with all correspondence and contacting clients/associates on a daily/weekly basis, and assisting where needed, those other members of staff who have similar requirements.
- First point of contact for Prosperity and Place team with regard to Business Development, Town and Village Management, Physical Regeneration, Strategic Projects etc in the Borough and deal with written/oral correspondence, including making response to queries where possible or passing on to manager for reply.
- Liaison with stakeholders and other economic development agencies/organisations ie, Invest NI, etc. Also businesses and members of public regarding Prosperity and Place in the Borough.
- Manage all financial systems for Prosperity & Place:
- Responsible for processing Creditor/debtor invoices - to ensure everything in order for payment and approved by Manager and Head of Department before submitting to the finance department
- Processing of purchase orders through the TASK finance system
- Manage economic development finances for all projects, ensuring monthly records are kept and prepare and submit monthly claims with relevant documentation as required for funded projects.
- Responsible for managing the finances of the Causeway Speciality market
- Assist with special events and information sessions relating to Economic Development including working/liaison with other agencies/organisations for joint ventures.
- To comply with and ensure compliance with Council's Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- To comply with and actively promote Council's policies and procedures on all aspects of Equal Opportunities.
- Any other appropriate duties as may be allocated.
Essential Criteria :
- Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application have:
- Five GCSE's (grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications;
- Two years' administrative and/or business support experience within an office environment.
- One year's experience working with computerised systems including Microsoft Office Software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organise, prioritise assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Deal effectively with the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Capable of working in an environment of changing priorities and associated pressures.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office Software.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.
Experience: 0 yrs