Role: Domestic Sales Representative
Location: Northern Ireland
SGN Natural Gas is expanding its presence in Northern Ireland as the new business develops and our operations begin to accelerate. We have big plans for the future and we need great people to help us maintain and develop our business in years to come. We have an opportunity for a Domestic Sales Representative, you will be responsible for all sales activities in the SGN Natural Gas domestic sales market. This includes growing the customer base and developing the domestic sales business through consistent territory planning and review.
What does the role involve?
• Defining the market opportunities and producing a plan to achieve market penetration in the domestic sector.
• Maximizing opportunities to achieve sales targets by growing and developing the sector
• Maintaining accurate records of sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
• Developing a database of key clients through effective communication including referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking.
• Responsibility for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
• Developing and managing any networking and engagement programmes associated with the New Housing market sector to enhance SGN’s relationships and to support of the overall sales effort.
• Establishing relationships and maintaining contact with all clients in the SGN Natural Gas market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and provide an excellent standard of customer service.
• Responsibility for identifying and building an effective network with Key Account Managers and other Gas professionals to maximise revenue – internal or external.
• Provide monthly, weekly ad-hoc reports to Head of Business Development.
What are we looking for from you?
• You will have a good knowledge of the Gas Energy Industry in Northern Ireland particularly the domestic Natural Gas sales market.
• Excellent sales ability and relationship building skills including highly developed technical selling skills and product knowledge.
• You will have at least 5 years’ experience working in a competitive sales environment with a particular emphasis on territorial sales (preferably within the energy industry).
• Capable of working to tight deadlines and responding to changing priorities at short notice with good attention to detail and a methodical approach.
• Good analytical skills and problem solving skills.
• You must hold a full driving licence.
What can we offer you?
• A great opportunity to join one of the largest gas distribution companies in the UK.
• Excellent benefits including retailer’s discounts, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice car scheme.
For more details and how to apply, please download an application form from our website bt clicking on the link below or request one by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must quote reference number 1736EXT. All applications must be received by close of play on 24th February 2017.
SGN is committed to developing an Equal, Diverse and Inclusive culture.