MCS Group is working exclusively on the recruitment of a Conference Sales Manager on behalf of ICC Belfast where you will play a key role in driving business tourism in Northern Ireland and representing NI on the world stage.
This is a hugely exciting time for Northern Ireland, and Belfast particularly, as the city is primed to attract a growing number of visitors from across the globe. Recently re-branded, the ICC Belfast (International Convention Centre) is already a multi-award winning venue and is attracting an array of organisations within the international conference market. This is a fantastic time to be involved at the very heart of Belfast's economic strategic agenda.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Head of Conference Sales will play a key role in leading the effective delivery of an integrated sales strategy driving sales growth and all revenue streams across association and corporate conferencing. You will take a lead role in building a pipeline and driving sales within the corporate market. You will also maximise multi-disciplinary commercial opportunities within ICC Belfast in line with the overall strategic objectives of the organisation across all areas of the conferencing business.
The core duties and responsibilities are outlined below;
Business Development & Sales
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities across all areas of the conferencing business, maximising margin through multiple revenue streams including room hire and additional services, such as technical services and catering.
- Drive commercial relationships with new and existing corporate accounts, maximising sales revenue in line with financial targets and overall strategic objectives.
- Develop key commercial partnerships with agencies and other influential stakeholders in local, national and international markets, developing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Build commercially rewarding relationships with ICC Belfast appointed caterers, developing opportunities to maximise catering revenue.
- Ensure that customer expectation and experience of ICC Belfast is exceeded through the right balance between value for money and the provision of excellent customer service.
- Represent ICC Belfast at trade shows and events to market and sell the company's products and services.
- Effectively manage the Conference Sales team, providing coaching, mentoring and positive leadership to both the association and corporate teams to ensure that sales and revenue targets are met and exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring the sales team input all sales related data into CRM system (VEMS Ungerboeck) and sales team are fully utilising the CRM system to manage customer relationships and manage the sales pipeline.
- Provide effective leadership across multi-disciplinary teams including technical, operational, finance and marketing to ensure alignment with sales strategy, ensuring delegated activities are consistently carried out in line with margin and revenue targets.
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of all sales policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide the sales and marketing director with accurate and up to date sales, pipeline, activity metrics and other relevant management information.
Additional responsibilities are included in the Job Description.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Sales and Marketing, Business Development, Event Management, Business Management, or an equivalent qualification in a related field.
- A proven track record of delivering sales objectives and targets in a solution-driven sales environment with experience of managing P&L and driving margin across multiple revenue streams.
- Applicants must have experience of effectively managing activity across multi-disciplinary teams and building commercially focused internal and external partnerships.
- Applicants must have experience in effectively managing performance and activity of a sales team, and a proven track record of setting and driving sales targets as well as sales pipeline management.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite and experience of preparing and producing professional management reports and presentations.
- Experience of managing CRM and sales systems.
- Currently hold the right to travel without restriction as well as a full UK driver's license.
- Applicants must be available and willing to travel on a regular basis.
- Experience of driving national and international sales opportunities.
- Experience of working within the context of a large venue, catering for over 500 delegates/customers.
To apply for this post, please send a comprehensive CV that details your relevant qualifications, experience, current salary package and work history along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January at 12pm.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Karl Webb, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
Experience: 0 yrs