Are you an experienced sales professional who has exceptional account management skills?
Do you have strong academics with proven ability to manage client relationships?
Would you like to work for a leading global company with a competitive package on offer?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a market leading business in Newtownabbey. If Interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a global giant in their field. With an enviable market share on an international scale, this company offers the opportunity to do business with leading companies. Joining a well established team, this role will give you the opportunity to do business throughout Europe and manage some of the largest accounts within the business.
The account manager will be responsible for the management of key sales accounts. These customer accounts are located in the UK, Europe and beyond so knowledge of exporting and relevant documentation is important. You will ensure that all customers are well looked after and their demands are managed against the capabilities of what the business can offer. You will be responsible for accurate monthly forecast planning, order processing, invoicing and precise completion of export paperwork. Upselling to current customers and dealing with new enquires to covert to sales will also be part of this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Full key account management of a portfolio of export customers, in UK, EU and rest of the world, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Managing and ensuring that the sales process runs smoothly from beginning to end with accurate administration, completion of invoices and export documentation.
- Liaising with production and planning department to ensure customer orders are processed accurately, successfully meeting the customers’ requirements, ensuring any production issues or delays are managed and communicated accordingly with the customers.
- Having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each customer account. Knowing order history, pricing and individual requirements.
- Promoting and selling additional products to current customers and new enquiries. Understanding the uses for each product in order to be able to make recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Recording information accurately and efficiently to ensure MRP systems are up to date and guaranteeing the customer is kept informed of status of their orders, upcoming deliveries and future demands.
- Communicating with transport companies to manage the timely and cost effective delivery of goods to customers via both road and sea freight.
- Presenting monthly sales figures and quarterly forecasts to Management Team.
- Gather historic sales data to forecast accurately future demands and communicate regularly with customers about future requirements to ensure accurate planning can be completed.
- Proven experience in a key customer account management role for minimum 5 years.
- Experience of exporting goods outside Europe.
- Degree in a business related subject.
- An ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with various individuals and departments within the company to ensure a fluid exchange of planning, forecasting, and sales targets.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Eye for detail and can achieve highest standards of accuracy.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills with a problem solving attitude.
- Ability to analyse data and present findings.
- Must be adept in using MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in using an MRP system.
- Foreign language.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.