MCS Group is recruiting an experienced sales professional for a leading food supplier where you play a key role in managing and developing the customer base to achieve targeted revenue, profit and customer service objectives.
Based in the North West of Northern Ireland, our client is a well established supplier to the retail and foodservice market across NI, ROI and UK. This business has the capability for employees to work remotely and therefore in the short term location is flexible. The success of the business over the years has led to ongoing expansion and there is ongoing ambition to develop the business further in the next few years. While Covid19 has presented a challenge to the foodservice side, the business is well protected through a rise in demand from the retail sector.
As Sales Manager you will develop and implement the business strategy to increase market share and improve profitability with a number of key duties and areas of responsibility that includes...
- Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Ensuring that there is sufficient sales activity, territory coverage, marketing and future prospect development to achieve annual financial targets
- Preparing proposals and draft sales contracts as required, or in cooperation with relationship team
- Taking the lead in ensuring regular scheduled meetings with existing Key Account Customers
- Growing market share across the defined business market platform
- Researching the market to identify new areas of business growth
- Maintaining solid knowledge of competitor strategy and activity and industry trends
- Maintaining a current and detailed database of clients and target prospects
We are looking for a commercially focused candidate who has an excellent track record in food sector sales, in retail and/or foodservice. You should meet the following criteria...
- Exceptional track-record in sales & key account management with the food sector
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong communication skills, able to establish and maintain relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and engage key people at all levels
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast moving constantly changing environment
If you are interested in this position please act immediately as the recruitment process will move quickly and will cater for the remote working environment that we are operating in.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Karl Webb, Specialist Recruitment Manager at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs