Our client based in Mid Ulster is one of Northern Ireland’s leading building firms and has an immediate requirement for an experienced Buyer with a background gained within the construction and/or building supply industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful applicant will be responsible for developing and managing suppliers, improving controls and processes and supporting in cost down initiatives across the business unit.
- Managing suppliers including supplier negotiation.
- Driving purchasing efficiencies to ensure optimum quality, prices and delivery for defined parts to support minimising inventory.
- Supporting the implementation of cost saving projects and identifying other possibilities for cost saving.
- As subcontractor/materials Buyer you will negotiate and obtain quotations for all aspects of a project including identifying potential new suppliers and products.
- assess the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers, deal effectively with challenges of suppliers and the flow of materials
- You will work closely with the contracts manager and the commercial teams to ensure timely and cost effective solutions are in place to meet the demands of the contract programmes.
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a buyer
- The successful candidate will have experience of working on a range of projects throughout multiple sectors.
- Good standard of education + ideally CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Knowledge and experience of working with an ERP system.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Excellent communication skills.
To find out more you can:
Submit a comprehensive CV which clearly demonstrates how you meet the above criteria together with your remuneration expectations through the link provided.
You can also call Pat O’Kane on 028 3025 2407 / 00 44 (0)7768 262 758 in strict confidence.