MCS Group is recruiting for a commercially focused Global Sourcing Manager on behalf of a highly successful and long established Northern Ireland business boasting a portfolio of leading brands and well positioned for growth into new international markets.
Working with a strong existing international supplier base, the Global Sourcing Manager will be responsible for overseeing global sourcing initiatives and establishing long-term sourcing strategies. You will be a commercially focused professional with a proven ability to identify market opportunities, working collaboratively with sourcing partners and internal sales, marketing and product development teams.
Some of the core responsibilities will include...
- Leading on all global sourcing activities
- Establishing Sourcing goals and objectives while leading the team to succeed
- Working with sales and product development to actively pursue new and innovative products
- Communicating current manufacturing trends within the global market to senior management in reference to trade agreements
- Identifying systems and/or technology to improve efficiency and accuracy of global sourcing activities
- Monitoring and ensuring key performance indicators are met in on-time delivery, quality and cost
- Reviewing and recommending long term sourcing strategies in order to maintain cost competitive products
- Identifying suppliers to address continued growth of sourcing needs and objectives
- Establishing cost matrices based on current market trends in order to provide sales with accurate costs
You will be working with and leading a talented team with a long service history, high level expertise and close relationship with the key suppliers and agents. Working in a well established business with an ongoing ambition for growth you will have the necessary autonomy to fulfil your role while having the support of the senior management team and the capacity for your own personal career development.
We are looking for an experienced sourcing specialist who meets the following criteria...
- Knowledge and management experience of global Sourcing
- Proven ability to work as a cross functional team leader in various departments
- Expert knowledge of importing rules and regulations
- Knowledge of product costing and strong analytical skill
- Commercially savvy with a track record in identifying and developing product development initiatives
- Some flexibility for international travel (approx 2-3 trips per year in India/Asia/Europe)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business, a Northern Ireland success story with ongoing ambition to grow within existing and new markets.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Karl Webb, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs