Settlements Manager EMEA
- Abacus Group are working with a leading global inter-dealer broker to recruit for a Settlements Manager to join the Belfast team. You will be working with a company going through considerable growth over the next year who put a real emphasis on people development.
- Managing, motivating and leading the settlements team to ensure:
- Timely matching of trades and resolution of any exceptions same day
- Validation of front office amendments/cancellations where necessary
- Provision of first line support to brokers for any settlements queries
- Escalation any issues (where necessary) to senior management
- Collaboration with peripheral teams to ensure the data is correct to support the trade flow
- Daily review of cross desk trading to ensure a flat book and escalation any residual balances
- The maintaining and clearing exception queues in a timely and efficient manner
- Daily reconciliations are performed and exceptions that arise resolved
- To provide support on any relevant project, under the direction and oversight of your Senior Manager
- To oversee the implementation of any changes necessary within the Settlements function in relation to regulatory and business requirements
- To ensure that process, procedures and governance are adhered to by all team members at all times
- Must be legally eligible to work in the UK
- A broad base of financial services operations knowledge and experience
- Strong, demonstrable experience of effectively managing a settlements team within a capital markets or financial services operations environment
- Strong proven experience in the management of a team that operates under pressure
- Experienced in building and establishing teams, and through mentoring, empower them to achieve, and deliver against evolving goals
- Proven experience in identifying, implementing and ensuring successful process improvements
- Excellent basic salary on offer and great reward package!!
- Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.