Are you an accounts professional with experience in payroll?
Are you interested in a progressing your career with a global firm?
Are you highly organised and an excellent communicator?
If you have said ‘yes’ to these questions this could be the right move for you!
On behalf of our client, a global manufacturing firm, we are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to join their team. When you join this firm, you are not only accepting a new job, but you will also be welcomed into the team, encouraged to grow your career, and pursue development opportunities that interest you.
So, who are we looking for?
- Someone who adapts a customer focused approach, with excellent communication skills and promotes a high standard of service
- A person who can effectively solve problems and provide creative solutions
- The ideal candidate will also value and engage in continuous process improvement
How will you be rewarded?
- Competitive base salary, circa £24-£26K, negotiated on experience
- Company benefits including bonus scheme
- Monday to Friday, with 2pm finish on Fridays!
- Initially WFH and developing into a hybrid model on return to the office
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Payroll Specialist?
The Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the processing of the weekly, fortnightly, and monthly payroll and posting of payroll related costs to the accounting system.
- End-to-end payroll processing from receiving data to final payment
- Compile appropriate supporting documents for all payroll transactions.
- Ensure all third-party payroll payments are made on time.
- Deal with correspondence from HMRC.
- Prepare and upload payroll nominal journals for posting to the accounting system monthly
- Prepare and upload payroll related accrual journals for posting to the accounting systems monthly.
- Prepare reconciliation of all payroll control accounts.
- Provide explanation of monthly movement in payroll control accounts.
- Provide both Internal & External audit support specific to payroll.
- Reconcile and complete year-end returns and submit to HMRC.
- Other duties that assist with the smooth running of the department.
- Ad hoc duties that fall within your capabilities, only as necessary, including assisting other teams in busy periods.
What experience will the successful candidate need?
- Experience within a payroll position processing multiple payrolls
- Strong working knowledge of payroll packages
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in Shared Service environment (desired)
- Experience processing company share schemes and assisting with ExPatriate programs
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics, promoting transparency and trust
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and skills.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.