Risk Operations Manager
Abacus Group are pleased to be recruiting for Risk Operations Manager on behalf of an expanding global law firm who are considered one of the leading firms in the UK. Based out of their unrivalled modern office in Belfast you will be joining a firm that has a proven track record of developing and investing in their staff.
- Generous basic salary and Income Protection, Private Medical, health & well-being services, discounts, to name a few.
To support the Global Head of Risk Operations in the management, collation, analysis and reporting of risk registers across the network and to support on other key business transformational projects involving Risk Operations. To provide support for key management activities in the Risk function. To work alongside the Client Audit team and provide support/cover at times of peak demand.
- Establish and maintain good relations with the business, key stakeholders, clients and relevant third parties to facilitate the creation of quality business requirements.
- Support the business in establishing changes to existing operational processes, procedures and organisational structure, understanding and publicising the impact of the proposed solution.
- Conduct stakeholder/business analysis to understand the different perspectives/opinions resulting from proposed changes to risk registers.
- Support the development of training/communication plans and strategies in order to embed changes from key projects.
- Create content for training/awareness sessions.
- Create training documentation e.g. reference guides to support processes.
- Create content for management presentations and reports.
- Support project delivery by clearly communicating business objectives and requirements to delivery teams.
- Draft process maps to document key processes as required.
- Analyse business processes, identifying alternative solutions and recommending new approaches, where appropriate.
- Work with the business to identify/analyse change and update risk registers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that actions plans in relation to risk registers are implemented, within agreed timescales.
- Produce appropriate project documentation, defining scope, impact and benefits of proposed changes.
- Contribute toward the development of the Risk operations team and wider Risk best practice.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, with confidence to deliver at all levels.
- Experience of dealing with senior business users in determining requirements and priorities, as well as resolving issues.
- Good analytical skills, including knowledge of analytical methods, tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of business analysis techniques and business modelling.
- Experience of diagram/modelling tools, e.g. MS Visio and Blueworks.
- Strong experience of Excel.
- Strong understanding of methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases.
- An enthusiasm for technology and the ability to promote it within the firm, using business-friendly language.
- Ability to work equally well as part of a team or on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Nicky Strutt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.