Abacus Careers are excited to be working with a leading software company with offices based in Belfast. Are you a payroll senior looking for a new challenge in a stand-alone payroll position then this could be the role for you.
We are seeking to speak with Payroll professionals at a senior level, the role a Pay and Benefits Partner has been created as a new position within the company and offers a great work/life balance, hybrid working from home opportunity, but you must be able to go into the office as and when required.
Office Location: Belfast
- Salary very competitive and annual 10% Bonus
- Core hours 10-4 so flexibility for those who need it, take a look at the description below and if this is for you get in touch today!
The Pay and Benefits Partner you will work as a lead in the Pay and Benefits team and partner with company leaders, vendors and the wider Finance team to deliver a range of projects and ensure the organisation is compliant with statutory requirements. You will be challenged. As a partner with the units, you will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Pay and Benefits function that services the whole the organisation.
- Own the payroll, benefits and pensions processes and supplier relationships. Act as the point of contact for payroll and benefits queries between staff and supplier.
- Lead and engage on significant projects across the function to meet customer needs. You will partner with colleagues and peers across the organization to ensure the successful delivery of projects in line with the strategic vision of the Finance Function and the wider organization
- Work closely with stakeholders (internal to the organization and Group, and external advisers and statutory agencies) to ensure that the organization is compliant with statutory requirements, and that information and projects are delivered in a timely basis to support the wider organization.
- Adopt and continuous improvement mindset to improve the effectiveness of the payroll and benefits function. Perform analysis and actively provide feedback to suppliers and vendors to ensure the best possible service is received by company employees.
- Sets and monitors KPIS and leads a high performing function.
- Partner with external and internal groups to identify process improvements and understand industry trends and changes.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to the team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as numbers. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it and has experience of positively leading and mentoring others.
- Build great relationships by listening and empathizing with Managers to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
Contact: Leon McHugh
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.