We are working with a highly successful global law firm, who are one of our top clients, to help bring on board a Partnership Accountant to their team.
The firm’s partnership accounting and partner finance function supports all territories in which the firm operates by managing the calculation and payment of partners’ profit share (drawings & distributions), the management of partnership capital and partnership capital loan, partners’ tax reserving and tax payments.
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, pro-active, ambitious, commitment to "getting the job done".
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and a strong eye for detail.
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word and the ability to adapt to using unfamiliar software packages.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage processes, critically review and evaluate financial information.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
- Previous business experience in a global organisation, preferably within a professional services function.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or similar)
Working within the team the Partnership Accountant is responsible for:
- Partnership Capital/Capital Loans,
- Ownership of the Partner joiner, mover and retiree processes thereby ensuring a smooth transition
- Responsible for the calculation and co-ordination of the annual charity contributions
- Ownership and reconciliation of the partners’ disbursement accounts
- Supporting the year end process
Why you will want to work with this firm:
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunities to progress your career and build new relationships
- Increase your experience in and understanding of partnership accounting
- Attractive salary based on PQE with company benefits
- Work flexibly from the office and home on new hybrid model
We invite you to get in contact with our Accountancy and Finance team today to discuss or send through your CV on the link below for a call-back.
*Applicants must be able to work from office in Belfast when required
*Experience in partnership accounting is preferable but not essential
*Must have proven ability with building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
*Must be qualified with a recognised professional accounting body
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.