Are you ready to work alongside one of the world’s leading professional services businesses, are you ready to grow in your career alongside a team of professionals? Can you bring high customer experience, good organisational skills, and expert communication skills?
This position will play an important role by creating a professional and welcoming environment for visitors to our Belfast office and providing effective and efficient support as a key member of the Business Services team.
- Meeting, greeting and registering of all clients and visitors at reception and directing them as appropriate.
- Maintaining the highest standards of presentation in the reception area at all times.
- Maintaining security by following procedures, monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges.
- Handling telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and relaying accurate messages as required.
- Managing the reception mailbox, including checking voicemails.
- Responsibility for booking, controlling use and setting-up of meeting rooms and private offices.
- Responsibility for venue hire and other private meeting / function requirements.
- Liaising with members of the Operations and Projects team to ensure that audio-visual and other IT requirements are in place for meetings and other functions.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding the catering and refreshment requirements for meetings and other functions.
- Managing of car park spaces on a day-to-day basis and allocation of visitor car parking and team members for temporary use.
- Responsibility for staff photographs, including liaising with photographer, hair and makeup and arrange appropriate staff to attend.
- Responsibility for ordering and arranging flowers, gifts etc. as requested.
- Day to day responsibility for arranging and managing couriers (including receipt and dispatch).
- Responsibility for replenishing stationery and other office supplies in accordance with the office stock take and ordering procedures.
- Responsibility for fire alarm test notifications.
- Working collaboratively with the PA to the ALT Management Team and the Office Operations Assistant, including covering some of their responsibilities as required.
- Supporting the arrangements for meetings and other functions, including the preparation of papers, presentations and other materials.
- Supporting the travel and accommodation arrangements for members of the Belfast team and/or any visitors to the Belfast office (including partners, associates, business services managers or other visitors).
- Providing general administrative and operational assistance to the Belfast office as required.
- Providing cover for office related functions and events as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 GCSE/GCE ’O’ Level at grade A - C in English and Maths.
- A proven track record of working in an office operations and administrative role within a fast-paced professional services environment.
- Proven experience of contributing positively as part of a team and ability to work independently when required
- Proven experience of successfully managing and prioritising own workload, with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality.
- A high level of computer literacy, including proven experience of using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A proven track record of working as a Receptionist/Office Assistant.
- Experience of office room book systems
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.