Material Planning Manager - Exceptional role
Abacus Careers are currently representing one of Northern Ireland’s leading home-grown businesses who often feature in the Top 10 of N.I.’s Top 100. Not only are they regarded as one of N.I.’s best firms but also go toe to toe with global players in their industry and are viewed as one of the best in the world at what they do.
First of all, this isn’t a typical Planning Manager role!! You will be moving into a newly created role in the ongoing modernization/transformation of our client. You will heavily support the transformation of this area of the business while engaging with the most senior stakeholders in the business. If you are interested in a role, were you will drive operational improvements, create tangible change and progress your career to the next stage then look no further.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate inventory model (raw material, and packaging components - primary and secondary),
- Manage the materials call off process within the Group to ensure availability of materials to support production
- Critically apprise the current processes and systems and drive process improvement
- Implement robust Inventory management processes, and controls to ensure inventory targets are met
- Lead monthly Inventory Management review, contributing effectively to the S&OP process
- Oversee the amalgamation of the current inventory management team and the operational/call
- off element of Procurement into one cohesive team
- Proactively identify risks and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to mitigate impact
- Lead monthly review of product “write off” and support the achievement of reduction targets
- Collaborate closely with Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing teams to improve operational effectiveness and results
- Degree in business, logistics, supply chain management or similar
- Proven experience of managing a large team and delivering results within a complex
- organisation / industry.
- Demonstrable experience working with ERP Inventory Management Systems in a high SKU count business with multiple suppliers and customers across many countries
- Minimum of five years of experience operating at a senior level within inventory management, inventory control, materials management and material control
- Demonstrable experience of devising and implementing robust inventory management processes and controls, and identifying/ implementing process improvements
Salary & Benefits:
Basic salaries are flexible and will be inline with experience and capability.
Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more…
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.