Abacus Careers are currently seeking to speak with Part Qualified Accountants and or Finance/Accounts specialists with internal audit experience, you will be working in a very successful and growing FMCG company, as the business expands they require an Internal Financial Controls Auditor, are you up for the challenge in a new career with lots of progression?
In your New Role:
- Assist in the development and rollout of agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and controls across the business to ensure risk is appropriately managed
- On-going review and updating of SOPs and controls in line with changes to business processes
- Assist the Internal Control Manager with the development and implementation of appropriate audit processes to ensure the business is compliant with all internal and external compliance requirements including SOPs, legal, regulatory and group policies
- Carry out audits across the business in accordance with the agreed audit plan
- Coordination and management of the reporting of issues arising including ensuring timely and appropriate responses from management and ensuring appropriate action plans are developed and implemented
- Assist the Internal Control Manager in the preparation and presentation of reports as required for periodic management and board meetings
- Work with HR and Operations to ensure store colleagues are fully trained in all areas of compliance and accurate, up to date records are maintained
- Monitoring of cash balances (including floats, ATM balances and Post Office cash) to ensure agreed limits are adhered to and insurance limits are not breached
- Work with the company-owned, warehouse and cash and carry teams to ensure delivery of financial KPIs e.g. cash overs/shorts, waste, reductions, shrink/stock loss etc, including responsibility for weekly cash KPI reporting for the company-owned estate.
- Attendance at quarterly stocktakes as required
- Assist the Head of Finance and Internal Control Manager with the reporting and management of fraud
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required to ensure timely completion of audits
- Any other duties as required
Part Qualified Accountant or QBE
Full Driving License
Experience within a fast-paced commercial business
Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and offer practical solutions
If interested please send your CV today to email@example.com or call 02890313157
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.