Financial Services Manager
Abacus Group are pleased to be working with a leading global financial services firm to recruit for a Financial Services Manager to be based in their Belfast office. Our client is an award-winning leader within their line of work and with growth plans for the remainder of this year and next year the successful candidate will be joining a forward thinking firm that puts their staff at the forefront of their business.
- Monitoring of workflows on an on-going basis to ensure work is completed on a timely basis.
- Liaison with client representatives, intermediaries, lawyers, and other professionals.
- Maintenance of client procedures in line with requirements and changes to relevant regulation.
- Co-ordination of investments and divestments through efficient document management and utilisation of client/intermediary relationships.
- Co-ordination of drawdowns and distributions in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Co-ordination of regular and ad-hoc communications with investors in accordance with company process and procedures.
- Responsibility for leadership and management of junior staff including training, development, and encouragement of an environment of participation, motivation, teamwork, and open communication.
- Assisting the Senior Managers and Directors with fund launches, essential project work and internal administration when required and where appropriate.
- Preparation and review of regulatory and statutory reporting to several global regulators.
- Maintenance of statutory records for each entity within the client group.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all processes are carried out in line with company documented procedures, with reference to the relevant regulation and to advise the Senior Manager, Directors and Compliance Officer of any potential issues.
- Oversight and detailed review of quarterly Board packs.
- Management of an administration team essential within financial services.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Fund administration/financial analyst experience, particularly within closed-ended funds. (Desirable)
- A strong academic background and preferably a professional qualification or working towards one.
- The ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in the Company and to manage others.
- Excellent presentational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Professionalism and ability to win and maintain the respect of clients.
- The drive to make continuous improvements in terms of systems, processes, or reduction of business risk.
Salary and Benefits
- Negotiable depending on experience
- Private healthcare
- On site parking
Nicky Strutt – full job spec will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.