At the forefront of their professional services industry, our client brings decades of global experience to deliver exceptional solutions. If you are ambitious and keen to progress your career to the next level, then this is the team you want to be a part of. We are recruiting for a new position within the Finance team, who will support the Finance Manager, by assisting with the annual budgeting process, cost allocations and month-end reporting. This is a new position and can be grown by an ambitious and driven professional, who is a strong communicator and has experience in sharing financial information in an accessible way.
What’s on offer:
- A competitive salary based on level of experience
- Company benefits including study support
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement (must be located in NI to work from Belfast office)
- Excellent opportunities for progression and professional development
The responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are:
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of financial performance against forecast for all stakeholders and presentation to senior management as required.
- Support the annual forecasting cycle, ensuring timely collection of information from the business and that this is captured accurately in the forecasting system.
- Preparation of prepayment and accrual schedules for the month end close.
- Support the global cost allocation in accordance with the firm’s published policies.
- Responsible for the correct allocation of complex supplier charges in line with forecasts.
- Act as the interface with the property management firm, ensuring timely information sharing regarding management of sub tenant processes.
- Responsible for the annual subtenant budgeting process, the reporting of actual costs throughout the year as well as the project management of the yearend audit.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Providing general support and advice within the functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure processes and internal controls are documented, follow best practice and are continually improved, assisting the Finance Team Lead to plan and implement changes as appropriate.
The successful candidate will need:
- Key communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to tailor finance information for delivery to non-finance groups
- Excellent organisational skills to balance multiple projects and prioritise effectively
- Proven ability to deliver a high-quality service and great attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably working in a commercial environment
- Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience of complex finance systems
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Part-qualified member of a recognised accounting body
Please reach out to discuss in more detail by contacting Catherine at Abacus Careers. Closing date is October 11th 2021.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.