Who are we working with?
We are working with a leading global law firm who turn insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions worldwide. Their finance team based in Belfast supports this company’s global network and due to continued success now require two Finance Assistants to join their busy finance team. This is the perfect company for you if you value a working environment focused on collaboration and mutual respect, where you will be encouraged to pursue your professional and personal development.
What’s on offer?
- Permanent, full-time position in an ambitious team.
- Attractive working hours, Monday to Friday.
- Starting salary circa. £21,000 - depending on experience.
- Additional PHP for afternoon/evening working hours (up to £1,667.00).
- Progress your career in Finance within a global professional services team.
The role and responsibilities
- Working with and supporting the appropriate finance team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work while striving to enhance the efficiency of systems and processes in co-ordination with Team Leader.
- Data entry onto the finance system, generating reports and delivering detailed financial information.
- Providing general support and advice within the functional area of responsibility.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and queries as well as ad hoc duties to assist in the smooth running of the department.
- Appropriate electronic filing of all documentation.
- Establish effective relationships with your team, department, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team, promoting and maintaining a positive work environment and ‘can-do’ attitude.
Who are we looking for?
- Active team member engages with others and is a great team-player.
- Supports co-workers to foster effective relationships, shares knowledge or skills and can provide and accept feedback.
- Excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, pro-active, and flexible approach
- Professional, self-motivated, and organised – can work to delivery tasks efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask to meet targets and tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks to a high standard with a keen eye for accuracy.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a busy-finance function.
- Qualification in Accounts, Business or Finance.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of working within shared services environment (Desirable)
- Confident communicator with oral and written fluency in English
If you think that you could excel in this role and become a valued member of this team then we want to speak with you! Please get in contact to discuss this opportunity or apply online today.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.