Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Our client strives by their company values by innovating fresh new approaches to deliver their services and maintain their reputation of excellent service, in all that they do. By doing so this has expanded their team and progress with their Belfast Office base, resulting in numerous key awards.
To produce high-quality documents, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently, accurately and to the highest standard within defined time frames using all resources and applications efficiently.
Role and responsibilities
The individual must have the ability to organise and expedite work whilst maintaining a professional demeanor at all times and in all situations. Working as part of team the role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to balance, manage and prioritise work across the firm ensuring our clients are kept aware of progress and challenges as appropriate.
- To answer and respond to all incoming requests in a prompt and effective manner
- Create and amend documents from handwritten mark-ups accurately and in a timely fashion
- To liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and endure those deadlines are not at risk of being missed
- Transcription of audio files to accurately create documents and correspondence.
- Create tables, flowcharts and presentations to a high standard, offering advice when necessary
- Proofread all work to ensure accuracy, correct layout etc
- Advanced use of track changes and comparison software such as DeltaView
- Strip and reformat documents
- Troubleshoot problem documents using extensive knowledge to find solutions
- Ensure house style is adhered to and promoted on all documents
- Ensure all documents that come through the department are correctly formatted and stable
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office or special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties required
- Advanced Word/Office skills are essential for this role as is the ability to produce, format and work with complex and lengthy documents and agreements
- Legal or similar professional services experience preferred
- Fast accurate typing skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Critical eye for detail
- Flexible and Pro-active, ‘can do’ attitude; positive and resilient
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Committed to personal development
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.