Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning their insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, they've earned a place at the forefront of the industry. Their lawyers are leaders in their field - and the same goes for the support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, they find innovative new ways to deliver the services and maintain reputation for excellence, in all that they do.
Business Services consists of the following teams: The Bridge, Document Production, Document Checking, Creative Services, Presentations, Central Records, Central Scanning and E-Bible, Practice Support, Office Assistants and the Print Room.
The Document Checking team sits within the Document Services department. Document Checkers' main focus is proofreading documents for the global network, overseeing and working on high-quality documents in accordance with the needs of the department's clients.
The role of the Workflow Coordinator is to act as a first point of contact for clients, ensuring that all work in the Document Checking department is assigned and completed efficiently to the highest standard within defined timeframes.
Role and responsibilities
- Assessing and allocating incoming Document Checking requests using the department's workflow tool.
- Managing Document Checking requests against available resourcing on shift
- Working in concert with other service line Workflow Coordinators to ensure seamless service
- Liaising with internal teams, clients and third-party suppliers to facilitate efficient delivery of Document Checking projects
- Ensuring that all work is completed to a high standard within given timeframes
- Escalating all client-related concerns and queries, taking ownership of issues and offering valid alternatives to the client
- Establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Being flexible with regard to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift
- Being flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and document management systems, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of working on complex technical documents
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective workflow management
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Thorough understanding of working in a 24/7 deadline-driven environment
- Awareness and understanding of the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Committed to delivering a high standard of service
Hours of work will be Sunday to Thursday, 5:00pm to 1:00am
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.