Credit Control Specialist
Want to join a company that treat you so much like a part of the family, that they have received a top accreditation for their employment standards? This is no ordinary company - here you will be valued, you will fulfil an essential role, you will be rewarded to a high standard and you will be encouraged to fulfil your potential through continued learning and development opportunities.
Reporting to and working closely with the Customer Billing Manager and Senior Billing Lead, the Credit Control Specialist will be responsible for ensuring excellence in customer service provided to customers and stakeholders. Additionally, they will take responsibility for tackling and preventing current and aged debt.
- Day to day activities within the Credit Control team. Responsible for supporting the Credit Control team with queries and aid with the timely resolution of customer complaints and escalating issues where appropriate.
- Administration of complaints process, including preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- Report on and assist the Credit Control team in meeting their KPIs.
- Management of aged debt, including reporting and analysis to assist in reducing debt.
- Assist the Revenue Protection team with debt recovery and credit management activities.
- Manage disconnection process and small claims applications online.
- Assist the finance team with direct debits. Manage failed Direct Debits, payment arrangements and non-payment calls.
- Develop strong relationships with other firmus energy departments, gaining comprehensive knowledge of the end to end billing and financial processes.
- Keep informed of changes in legislation, current trends and developments in aged debt and credit control procedures.
- Undertake any additional duties as directed by the Senior Billing Lead, or Customer Billing Manager.
The post holder will demonstrate first class communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and sustain good relationships across all departments. They will have excellent IT skills and have a previous proven experience in a customer facing role within a financial environment.
• Competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits package and performance bonus
Knowledge/Skills & Experience Essential:
• Minimum 5 passes at GCSE level Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Credit Control or in customer facing role in a financial environment
• Excellent IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Previous experience in reporting and analysing data
• Strong administrative background with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise workloads
• Familiarity with CRM software and systems
• Previous experience in a utility industry
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.