Abacus Group are working with one of the largest Law Firms in Northern Ireland for a Compliance Manager. Our client is seen as a modern, forward-thinking firm that have consistently won awards for their work.
You will be joining a company where your input is valued and with this being a new role within the business you will have plenty of autonomy to stamp your own mark on it. Our client offers an “open door policy” with senior members of staff and welcome the successful candidate to bring ideas with them about improving policies and procedures.
Market leading salary, pension scheme, Income protection, Health Cash Plan, Life Insurance, Have your birthday off on them!
- Support the Risk Partner and MLRO in overall supervision and application of risk management and compliance procedures (including anti-money laundering compliance).
- Assist with source of funds and wealth checks and carry out KYC /AML reviews on client files for new client onboarding and existing client monitoring
- Respond to requests for information regarding appropriate KYC documents by conducting the necessary due diligence review for Low/Medium/High risk clients.
- Carry out checks on source of funds/source of wealth compliance where required.
- Proactively keep abreast of changes in the regulatory regime, assessing the impact of change and advising on necessary action to ensure on-going compliance
- Work with colleagues on the ongoing development and implementation of Risk & Compliance training
- Advise on day-to-day compliance and risk management
- Continually improve systems and processes to identify audit and compliance issues
- Provide management information and metrics which enable action planning and continuous improvement
- Co-ordinate internal audit processes to ensure compliance with externally recognized Quality standards including ISO14001, ISO9001, ISO27001 and Lexcel V5
- Manage the auditing process required for external accreditation and liaise with appropriate external agencies to ensure the timely completion of audits
- Carry out internal auditing and provide regular reports to the Risk and Assurance Committee on all auditing and quality assurance matters
- Manage the Integrated Management System and ensure regular communication and training for all partners and staff
- Owning, managing, and monitoring compliance with the risk and compliance policies, ensuring these are regularly reviewed in line with best practice.
- Support the Managing Partner in handling complaints and disputes
- Experience of working in a compliance role or in a regulated role which has provided a sound understanding of Anti-Money Laundering regulations associated with the legal sector
- Experience of completing the client onboarding processes and working within Anti-Money Laundering systems, identifying risk and making decisions
- Ability to manage processes efficiently, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident communicator with experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Strong IT skills with the ability to produce reports and manipulate data
- Proven capability to identify improvements and process efficiencies
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.