Abacus Group are pleased to be working with a local Underwriting firm as they look to add a Commercial Underwriter to their team in their vibrant Fermanagh office. Our client is well known for their professional yet flexible approach and prides themselves on only partnering with a strong panel of financially secure insurance companies most of whom are ‘A’ rated or above.
- £25,000 - £30,000
- Income Protection, Health Cover, Company Pension, Gym subsidy
Working as part of an experienced team, you will be involved in all aspects of underwriting from managing relationships to writing business, including:
- Assessing and underwriting commercial risks submitted from brokers.
- Discussing and underwriting risks with capacity providers to ensure correct rates and premium are applied.
- Detailed knowledge of policy wordings.
- Providing New Business and Renewal quotations to brokers.
- Building and developing trading relationships with brokers to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manage daily workloads to ensure excellent customer service.
- Sharing knowledge and interacting effectively with colleagues.
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional Insurance Qualification (Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) as a minimum).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with proven underwriting knowledge and experience of underwriting commercial risks.
- Proven ability in developing key working relationships.
- Good negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Nicky Strutt – a more detailed job specification will be provided upon request.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.