Commercial Insurance Advisor
Abacus Group are working with a local Insurance Broker who are looking to add a Commercial Insurance Advisor to their team. The role has come around due to accelerated growth and our client is keen to speak with experienced Commercial Account Handlers or candidates with insurance experience looking to move into Commercial insurance.
You will be joining one of the longest running Insurance brokers in the country that breathes positivity to customers and employees alike. With their strong presence in the local community, you will be working with a company that has a strong “family feel”.
This role will offer hybrid working allowing you to have the best of both home working and office environment.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, sponsored personal & professional development opportunities.
- Liaising with clients directly in the broking, processing and daily administration of new business, mid-term alterations and renewals.
- Provide complete professional insurance advice and service to existing clients.
- Negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for client at the best price.
- Identify, develop, and manage Corporate and Commercial prospects to achieve agreed individual and team targets and win profitable new business clients.
- Support the company’s development plans for retention and growth of income.
- Offer advice/signposting on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
- Develop and maintain networks/formal channels within and outside the Company to gain information and develop own breadth of awareness and understanding
- Ensuring the adherence to New Business and Renewal timeline procedure.
- Work closely with Account Executives on new business cases and renewals.
- Respond to and handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with FCA and internal requirements.
- Pre-renewal preparation as per company procedures, post renewal processing, complete updates onto the renewal commentary comparison and update previous years documents.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care, service, and client retention.
- Liaise with Claims Department to gather information on clients claim history and impact this will have on future business.
- Maintain the company’s good standing and ethos by providing the highest level of professional advice and service, acting professionally and ethically at all times.
You will need to have at least 1-2 years prior experience working within an insurance environment.
5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (including Maths & English);
Cert CII qualified preferred but not essential.
Nicky Strutt – for a more detailed job spec
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.